- 3 cups EarthFresh CarismaTM potatoes – cut into even pieces
- 6 cups (1.5 L) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion – chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh garlic – minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh, grated ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coriander
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of medium curry powder
- 1 (400 mL) can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) of cashews, toasted and chopped
- Fresh cilantro – for garnish
- 1 fresh lime – cut into small wedges
In a large pot over low heat, add chicken broth.
Wash the potatoes leaving their skins on. Cut potatoes into small even pieces and place potatoes into hot (not boiling) water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. Strain the potatoes and transfer to the pot of chicken broth.
Add vegetable oil to a pan over medium heat and add the onions, garlic and ginger. Sautee for approximately five minutes. Add to the pot of potatoes and broth.
Add the cumin, coriander and curry to the pot of potatoes and broth – bring to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat and simmer for an hour.
While the broth is simmering, add cashews to a pan and lightly toast over medium heat. When cooled, chop and set aside.
Once the soup has simmered for an hour, turn off the stove, add the can of coconut milk and stir evenly. Let the soup cool before blending.
When the soup has cooled, add to a blender and blend in small batches and re-heat on the stove over medium heat – approximately five minutes.
When soup is warm, ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro, toasted cashews and a lime wedge.